oneiric elias

musings of a girl

Monday, April 10, 2006

to be a thief

My wallet was stolen last week. Everything gone - ID, credit cards, bus pass. Everything. Before I could close my accounts, the bad guy (or gal...but I am imagining the perpetrator as a he) managed to charge about $150 on my debit card at a Jewel right by my house (for the non-Chicagoans, Jewel is a grocery store). I keep feeling somewhat...well, happy about this. The bad guy didn't go to the bar, or to Marshall Fields, he went to the grocery store and bought food. I suppose he could have bought booze, but I like the idea of him buying cereal, milk, and bananas a lot better. I can't help but feel that the inconvenience of being without items from my wallet I rely on is worth it if I helped someone bring food home to their kids.

So, bad guy, if you read this, thank you for not being a total piss head. I hope you're enjoying your purchases.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are such a good feller there lil monkey

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are such a good feller there lil monkey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home